Tuesday, November 21, 2006

An event held at a temple "Wang Lao Xian Shi" (黄老仙师庙) near my parent's house... (Tuesday 21/11/06)

My mom gave me an invitation card on Sunday during dinner time. I thought it was someone's wedding, while looking at the content, it's a temple (黄老仙师庙) held an event celebrating... I don't remember...

Ok, on Monday, i left the invitation card on my cousin's table in office. He came and saw it, asked me of it's purpose. I said it's just a social lunch with all the vegetarians, which mostly what i'm interested... Free food. My cousin wasn't that much of interests to go there just for the food, yet he would just rush me out from the office to run the turfs.

stalls and car parks filled all over the premises...
Maybe once i'm a salesman, i'm not given any permission to stay in, but stay out, as long as i could, they don't even bother if i'm coming back late... I usually just do my job, but only depends of the time i'm in. Lunch time's a pain in the ass, mostly the clients would go out, while i've to waste all the lunch hour to wait till the clients back to their positions...

some came with true self and prayed for peace and prosperity...
It's almost 11pm, after delivered some goods for outstation deliveries. I called my dad,

"What's the time of the food feast?"

"Around 11-12pm, i guess..." he replied.

"Ok, i'll be there to have my lunch then work..." i confirmed.

"Anything la..." my dad replied like couldn't care much of my preferences.

No wonder this morning my uncle never opened his morning budget food stall. It's a vegetarian day for all buddhists. Seriously, i'm not even so into these buddhist thingy, as for the food's in the house, alrighty for me then.

this is the proch of the temple, last time i used to ride BMX, jumping up and down from the stairs around the porch...
Once i reached, the whole place was packed with cars and crowds. Even traffic policemen helped out to monitor the traffic inside. Stalls everywhere at the parking spaces.

I went in deeper behind the temple, where the food served. It's like a canteen, huge one, consists more than 50 tables, i say, about almost 1,000 of people came to eat. I mean, not only eat la, they prayed too. Me? I forgotten to pray first, maybe i'm way much thinking of work, i rushed myself at the canteen, saw my mom was so busy preparing the food. Kids and adults lining up at the counter line collecting food and each of them hurried to serve the tables, filled with families.

mostly old folks might sit down and waiting for their turn, or just enjoying the moment of the event...
I'm all alone, my mom said just simply take a seat with the rest of the families. Yeah, i'm not shy, cuz i thought i might have my own privacy. I sat at an empty table, then a man diverted me to another table with families. Seriously, totally unfamiliar faces, though i need to eat something for free, i've to bare with the condition.

The food served as quick as i just sat. Everyone started eating the food in fast pace, including, all i could think was finishing the food i had in time, before my cousin suspicious at my time outside. (I doubt that he would take much notices at me when i'm outside.)

seriously, it's like everyone's coming here just for the food, am i right?
A man sat next to me came individual, he finished eating and left the table before me. Once i've finished eating, i left too, after bid farewell with my mom, still busy preparing food for the rest that came late. The authorities begun to use a built plank stand to block the entrance. I guessed the food was limited to those who came early, first come first serve basis though...

However, i've spotted some lengluis there, not that much la. So mostly the people came to this temple, half of the crowds would've the same intention like mine... Free food. Honestly, you wouldn't admit it just like me, ain't? Right, it's nothing to be ashamed of, the food were blessed by God, and we Buddhists should eat some for peace and prosperity.

I don't want to be a cheapskate, i got low salary, so i ought to become one, temporary... Sob...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


*For your information, all these photos taken from other websites have no intentionally violate the copyright laws and offensively disgrace the nature of the photos. When it comes to my own photos, it'll be freely for any users who wishes to make copies and keep for their respectful purposes. Any violation made will be taken in action, so I hope there's no disgraceness upon my creations. Thank You.