Thursday, July 07, 2005

The interview Pt.1

I stayed up all night thinking hard, should i go for some job interviews instead of waiting for my friend's reply? It's been a week i've been waited, and that's freaking me of looking at myself on the next month, can't pay my dues and i'm fading away.. I looked through the newspaper that's already few days old, checked on the recruitment pages. Some jobs required school leavers, mostly with certs and diplomas, not to mention degrees, i'm not in that league, i mean i've no qualifications at all, just me and my immature skills. Soon i found out some jobs, taken down the addresses and phone numbers, it was morning, i could see sunlight starting to shine in my room..

I went downstairs to buy a newspaper, and came back my room, start browsing.. More interesting job than the previous, again i took down the contacts, get dressed up, went for a appetising breakfast, and i made calls.

First interview would be in Damansara Utama, housing area. I felt odd why it was located there, soon i reached there, i only saw few ladies in different races receiving calls at their desks. A lady addressed herself Ms. Chai, around her mid 20's, interviewed me. She's so being optimistic, about the company and the future too. I felt good, and the way she said of things like i'm so into it, yet greedy and highly perspective on my job. I myself don't give high hopes, at least what i can do is let things run naturally and time will tell my results. Yeah, it's good to have high hopes, i've been doing so and i've been into consequences, that really changed my mind. By end of the interview, i was not entitled yet, got to go for another interview at Kelana Square and the boss will interview me. After i left there, i went to look for the place i'm going on this Saturday, rather i'm being late for the interview if i'm lost or something. By the time it was noon, i called my girl and agreed to have lunch together. So i told her everything i could about the interview and my next move.

Before i met my girl, i made another calls too, just happen one could let me come over for interview at 3pm. It's located at Dataran Prima, weird, sounds doesn't like from Kelana Jaya, but i'm given directions to reach there. The area was nice, but the parking required fees, in hours too, but not costly. I'm lost at first, the place like a maze, and the levels were not listed properly, took me few times of ups and downs to reach the front door. There i met a lady, dressed formally with a carrying bag, short dyed hair with formal speaking. She doubts to have her shoes off before entering the office, so kindly i told her we should, and she thanked me generously.. I guess it's been a while to encounter these since working on hard labour jobs. I heard she had an appointment, and i had the interview session, later on she's the same with me, interview.. Hence, we had to fill up our particulars before the interview, so we were seated in a room and the aircond was freezing me. While i was confusing on one particular from the form, the lady started to talk to me. I replied, and it became a social conversation. Her name's Michelle, she's in management, i can tell that. She kept questioning me and i answered every of it, while humblely she apologise of her behavior. I mean, she questioned about my life and personal issues, who would know it'll strike people's misery? I'm kinda fond at her, so there were no offences on questioning. Soon she went for the interview and i was left in the fucking cold room for half an hour.

She came out and smiled, came back to the room and asked me to go to see the director, wished me good luck too. It reminds me of Omens.. Well, skip that.. The lady boss was hot, i could see she got a nice deep cleverage from her spaghetti straps that covered with blazer. Dyed hair and speaks hakka.. Mmm.. Delicious menu of the day.. Anyway, she told me every single detail of the company's history, like the company's clients are corporates.. Haha, boost up the snob, ain't? Well, in fact their true dealings are corporate, so if i'm employed, i must get myself in corporate character too, like Jeff, Chi Siang and some other friends who were in the corporate fields. By end of the interview, she asked me about my comments. It seems satisfying me and still not sure, except the salary.. I hold on the answers and promised i'll call back to have a confirm. Once i left the building and it was almost evening.

I thought to myself, omens.. Is it telling me i'm rather taking this job? I doubt that i won't get employed cause i'm not in a professional status and looks. I'm not depressed at it but in fact i'm glad i knew my capabilities limit, so i'm not pushing it.

So, it's gonna be saturday i'm going for a 2nd interview, gotta wait..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


*For your information, all these photos taken from other websites have no intentionally violate the copyright laws and offensively disgrace the nature of the photos. When it comes to my own photos, it'll be freely for any users who wishes to make copies and keep for their respectful purposes. Any violation made will be taken in action, so I hope there's no disgraceness upon my creations. Thank You.