Wednesday, December 28, 2005

So Much of An Omen

Thursday, the day i lost my job. At night, i went to 7-11 to buy cigarettes, then came a friend, Seng, i knew him from my secondary school, who's working in a cybercafe nearby my house, talked to me. We went for drinks, he came up a story of his antonishing discovery of a marketing plan. It's not as a sales job, no sales involved, just... I mean, something which he never really detailed what's behind all the goodness from the marketing plan, as i know, he said he pursued to do business, opens a cybercafe shared with friends. And so when he knew about this plan, he quitted his cybercafe job and went on with this job, not even thinking of owning a cybercafe. And most important of all, he told me the stories from his succeeded friends, and about himself, all Amway haters... So am i. And why do Amway haters joining such MLM marketing plan, assumed to be a similarity to Amway? Seng told me it's a totally different from what i'm assuming. He never explained that much too cuz he's still fresh upon this job and he's keen to let know more when i'm free to join him for a tour of his workplace.

I made my appointment with Seng on Wednesday, night time. He called me many times when i was at the toilet, i felt he's much keen of me going there. It rained so heavily and i told him better wait till the rain stops. At 9pm, i made my move to pick him up and went to his office. He was well dressed up, like some distinguish guy worked in high class company, along my views on the members, all dressed in blazers and Tuxedos, both sexes, and some visitors came with them, filled the lobby. I can't believe my eyes, it was almost 10pm and no one ever bother staying late at this office building. Seng explained they might stayed until very late night, sometimes until morning. How could all these members work in such time and most of the visitors came joined them staying late?

He brought me to the SPA, and it closed at 9pm, we're late. And so i looked through the glass door, first he told me it's a 6 star high class SPA, the one and only in Asia. And so i saw the chairs for the receptionists, both designs like royal furnitures. And the place was well cared and maintained, very classy, but it's available for female only. Every beauty products they're selling were in there, convenient enough for the ladies to look at it and experience the therapy too, using their products. After that, he brought me to the highest floor, the office. We were only get to see the main entrance, some bulletin on the board, showing the successor made a few millionaires from his marketing plan. I never heard of him, and everyone's worshipping him like a God of Prosperity. And his name Steven Yeam, all the member's badges was writtin 'SYL', means 'Steven Yeam Networking', pretty cool huh? The SPA name's Estebele, and the aroma thingy called Lampe Berger, originated from France, Paris, and SYL gives me a thought of it, a non related name for the company. That's how a marketing plan was done by Steven, and he made it successfully, put up a badge for each and everyone, and show that everyone's worshipping him and his plan!

And we went to the lounge of displays, my holly shit, all the vase products (sort of like a vase, actually it's an aroma oil container which it's tip attached with a burning stone, when you wanna burn the oil, you have to burn the stone. Eventually it burns out of the oil, not really oil, it's some natural minerals from the plants which makes out alcohol, that combined with the aroma from a plant, does the burning process, and probably within minutes, blow the fire off, and the aroma starts filling the room environment.) from it's range of prices, rm800 to rm50k... He said before, who could really do direct sales when the products are fucking expensive? I agreed with him, but all these vases are high quality made, with protections from blowing up the vases, most importantly, every release of the designs are limited editions, made by hand, made by famous artist. And therefore, the prices aren't going to drop, the products became collections and bidders items, from time to time, it became much more expensive and valuable, for those rich people.

Some designs were not as fancy as the price, and the way i see it, still it had to be that kinda amount, only rich people could purchase that amount...

They've a counter displaying beauty care products. At this very late night at 10pm they're closing, still lots of visitors and members packed the place up, amazing... Looking at the sets, they're body lotions, soap (i heard it cost rm80), cream and some shit i forgotten. I never know how much was it in a set, i was filled with wonders, how can this thing works for the Amway haters?

We went to another floor, filled with tables and chairs, packed with visitors and members. It's so crowded and somehow we found a table, then waiting for a member to explain the whole thing to me. His name's Ricky, worked 2 years and he owned a BMW, lots of joy he got from his smiles. I had the impression that when he started his explaination, he's not so convincing to me, the way he react, in fact, he had all the details about the plan but he went too fast, i got a little idea from it. I guess i might drop by again next time to find out more. Gosh, i sounded so interested at it.

I remembered the story Seng told me his friend, could be Ricky, once known very sceptic about any marketing plans. He's now a senior, another convincing part was he got another friend, Chew, owns a handphone shop, was informed that Ricky was doing good and earning big bucks. So Chew was so into his own shop, and nevertheless he would threw his hope and work such bullshit plan. When he came in senses, that his friend Ricky driving a BMW to see him, there's a lot of explaination had to do.

After having a good talk with Ricky, we're going back having drinks together with his friend Chew. Some friends joining us too, all of them members, and somehow i'm talking to Chew, while Seng was talking to others. So all the haters of Amway came in senses, they knew all these are bullshits, why they join SYL? Money, that's all we think of every single minute. All made their own business, and they gave up those hope for such plan.

You see, i told you before when good things became more easy to approach, it might became fragile and hard to maintain it as everlasting. These is good, but it can be everlasting, cuz there's too good to be true, someone showed his potential and initiative, enough proven there's such hope for me too. I mean, rm2300 per francise license... (they don't really say members, cuz according to the plan, only franchiser can deal and use the products, and the products are so much ideal, it can't possibly sold in normal outlets. So to say, collector's item won't be selling in outlets.) Seng said that if i wanted to get myself registered as franchiser, i could make a deposit first, rm150, the rest amount he'll settle with me by months. He came out a bigger investment, owning the higher franchise license with variant products, and provides the products to his apprentices while they could pay him back bit by bit monthly. So i guess he had his offer to me, i could forget the hesitation, and of course, i need more thoughts of it, when it's too soon to accept it, i might go wrong.

I mean, i got to have something to show to my audiences who believed that i'm fucked up, nor that i'll live my life with rats... I'm fully committed myself on things i need to do. My darling was on studies, and she has no income and most of the time she would spend when i'm broke. Gosh, i really need to repay every single deed from her. And so on my personal commitments.

Here's the chance, Andy, are you innit or ditch it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


*For your information, all these photos taken from other websites have no intentionally violate the copyright laws and offensively disgrace the nature of the photos. When it comes to my own photos, it'll be freely for any users who wishes to make copies and keep for their respectful purposes. Any violation made will be taken in action, so I hope there's no disgraceness upon my creations. Thank You.